What are the typical commercial and residential projects that need zoning approval?
Anyone opening a business, beginning construction, or erecting/modifying any signage on a commercial property in the City of Reynoldsburg needs to contact Planning & Zoning to begin the process.
Zoning approval is also required for most changes/improvements to residential properties. Below is a list of some items that require zoning approval – this is not a comprehensive list. Remember: It is important that you contact Planning & Zoning before you begin your projects.
Items that need zoning approval:
- All new businesses (even if there is no construction)
- Exterior modifications to commercial or industrial properties
- Signs - new signs and sign re-facings
- Special Exceptions
- Annexation/zoning district amendments
- Temporary signage/banners/outdoor sales
- New developments (Major and Minor Site Plans)
- New residential construction/additions/remodels
- Running a business from a residence
Where can I find more information about getting zoning permits and how to apply?
- Contact Planning & Zoning for all zoning information, including zoning verification letters, at 614-322-6829.
- Review the Reynoldsburg Development Handbook for a complete description of the process to complete any zoning application in the City of Reynoldsburg.
What are the dates and times for meetings with the Board of Zoning and Building Appeals (BZBA), the Planning Commission, and the Design Review Board (DRB)?
All meetings are held in Council Chambers at the Reynoldsburg Municipal Building, 7232 E. Main Street, Reynoldsburg, Ohio.
Both the Planning Commission and Design Review Board (DRB) meet the first Thursday of every month, unless otherwise noted. Meetings begin at 6:00pm and 7:00pm respectively.
The Board of Zoning and Building Appeals (BZBA) meets the third Thursday of every month except December. Meetings begin at 6:30pm.
NOTE: Typically, most projects that require zoning approval also require approvals from the Building Division. Be sure to contact them once you have received your zoning approval to determine your next step. Their number is 614.322.6820.