The Service Department is the administrative umbrella for the Street, Storm Water, Water, Sanitary Sewer and Building Departments as well as refuse & recycling collection. We also handle permits for garage sales, special events and solicitors. It is often the first point of contact for residents inquiring about information on a variety of topics.
Solid Waste Disposal
The City of Reynoldsburg has a solid waste disposal contract with Rumpke. Trash, yard waste, recycling and bulk items are picked up on Thursday, unless the schedule is altered by a holiday. All trash must be properly contained in either bags or trash cans that are no more than 50 pounds. All yard waste must either be in yard waste bags or in a designated container labeled “yard waste.” (Note: yard waste in plastic bags as well as soil or rock will not be taken). Recycling must be in the proper recycling containers but does not have to be sorted (note: if you need a recycling container please come to the municipal building at 7232 E. Main Street). To learn more about what can be recycled, please click here.To schedule a bulk item pickup, please contact Rumpke direct at 1-800-828-8171 no later than 3:00PM the day before trash is scheduled to be picked up.
The Service Department handles several permits including, Garage Sale, Special Events and Solicitors. The cost for a garage sale permit is $1 and it can be picked up at the front desk. Special event permits are $50 are for residents that are having a large function with amplified noise and can be applied for in the Service Department. The application for this permit can also be found under the "links and documents" section of this page. In addition to the fee, applicants must provide a list of addresses within 300ft of where the event is to take place. Anyone soliciting door to door must have a Solicitors permit. The cost of this permit is $15 which covers the application fee ONLY. Background checks will need to be completed separately. As of January 1, 2016, solicitor's permits are only good for a period of two weeks per calendar year.
Trash and Recycling Guidelines and Reminders
General Service Guidelines
• Place trash in bags or containers, not exceeding 50 pounds each.
• Place recycling in the Rumpke recycling container. Red recycle bins are free to residents and available for pickup at City Hall, Monday thru Friday from 8:00AM-5:00PM
• Place trash, recycling and yard waste curbside the evening before the designated service day.
Bulky Items & Appliances
• Rumpke will collect bulky household items from the curb on your trash service day. Please call Rumpke 24-hours in advance at 1-800-828-8171
• Examples of bulky items: Appliances, carpet, furniture and toys.
• Contact Rumpke for information about items with Freon.
TV Disposal: Televisions MUST have their screens taped in order to prevent shattering. Per contract, Rumpke is NOT required to pick up any TV that is not safely packaged for disposal. Any TV over 32" needs to be scheduled as a bulk item with Rumpke (1-800-828-8171) at least 24-hours before trash day. TVs under 32" do not need to be called in to Rumpke.
Yard Waste Guidelines
Yard waste is organic waste generated during regular household gardening and landscaping such as grass clippings, leaves, twigs, branches, and shrubbery. Unacceptable yard waste includes plastic bags, pots, food waste, rocks and dirt.
• Branches: Cut branches to 4 ft. or shorter. Tie into bundles with string or twine (no wider than 2 ft.).
• Loose Material: Place in biodegradable bags or rigid containers marked “Yard Waste.” Do not line with plastic bags.
• Weight Limit: Each bag, bundle or container should not exceed 50 pounds.
• Holiday Trees: Remove decorations then cut trunk and limbs to 4 ft. or shorter. Tie into bundles with string or twine.
Red recycling bins are free to our residents, and can be picked up at City Hall anytime Monday-Friday from 8:00AM-5:00PM. Please contact RUMPKE direct for more information about renting recycle carts at 1-800-828-8171.
What To Recycle
Combine recyclables unbagged in your recycling cart.
• Metal cans
• Glass bottles & jars
• Paper products & cardboard
• Plastic bottles & jugs
Not Accepted For Recycling
Plastic bags, cassette tapes, bed sheets, metal hangers, metal chains, hoses, batteries, buckets, car parts, chemicals, clothes, cord, cups, dishware, electronics, hazardous items, light bulbs, needles, pots, pans, ropes, toys, tubs, window glass, wire.