The current City Attorney is Chris Shook. As Reynoldsburg’s City Attorney he performs the following duties:
- represents elected City officials, department heads and staff on municipal law matters;
- is Chief Prosecuting Attorney for the City in criminal and traffic misdemeanors filed in Franklin, Licking and Fairfield Counties Municipal Court and the Reynoldsburg Mayor’s Court;
- represents the City’s municipal civil litigation and appeals in the Fifth District Court of Appeals and/or the Ohio Supreme Court;
- is responsible for civil and/or criminal prosecution of housing and building code violations occurring within the City;
- participates in matters of zoning and land use, employee and labor relations, election law, utility permitting and right-of-way use, economic development and Code compliance;
- advises Reynoldsburg Police Department and ensures compliance with Ohio public records and open meetings laws.